Wednesday, July 18, 2007

101 Simple Meals for Stressed Moms

Last Wednesday the food section of the New York Times ran an article on strategies for cooking for a family. It was nice to see, although a bit impractical from my perspective — I'm probably not going to be spending Sunday figuring out what to cook for the rest of the week, and I'm definitely not making pot roast any time soon.

But today, Mark Bittman and his list came to the rescue for the rest of us: those of us who find ourselves facing, on a regular basis and despite all good intentions, the problem of what to cook at the end of the day. His list of 101 ideas may have been intended for hot cooks in New York kitchens, but most would work decently well for kids too (and some, like number 54, seem aimed right at them). I thought it was genius. Now if only the Times would print the list in a convenient size for hanging on the fridge, I'd be the first in line to send in my $4.95 plus shipping and handling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home