Monday, November 12, 2007

Picky

As I was trying to fall asleep last night, I started worrying about the Thanksgiving turkey, and the fact that I had yet to order one. So first thing this morning, that's what I did. As it turns out, I could have waited another five days and still gotten a turkey.

On to the next panic.

What to do for sides?

My mother doesn't like spicy food, so the Thai-style sweet potatoes in Saveur are out.

My brother is allergic to nuts. I love nuts, and it drives me crazy to have to avoid them.

My sister-in-law can't have sugar. And isn't much for carbs, either.

My father wants it to be "traditional" -- even if that means a kind of pie he doesn't like. And he wants sweet potatoes.

My husband absolutely must have stuffing and mashed potatoes.

My son is too young to have much of an opinion, fortunately. (Although I know he is in the pro-sweet-potato camp.)

I have learned my lesson about brussel sprouts -- I'm the only one who likes them -- and won't make them again.

I'm hoping the food sections of the papers have some great sides to solve all my problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home