Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tip of the Week

I've started taking the New York Times book review over to the computer on Sunday nights, to add books of interest either to my Amazon wishlist or, more commonly, to request them from the local public library. There is usually a line for copies from the public library, but it is nice to have a steady stream of books coming. (And our local public library has a "freeze request" function if too many seem to be coming in at once.) When they do children's reviews, I usually go to Amazon and order a few for my son to add something new to his bedtime stories.

This is a do-it-now kind of hack, and like so many of these, has really made me happy with a few minutes of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. G. said...

I do the same thing, but I am even trickier. I go on Publisher's Weekly online and find out what's about to be released and then I go the library websiste and put it on hold before it has been delivered. This helps me beat huge waits on some of the more popular books. I'm living a life of crime over here. I found you on the randomizer. Good luck.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home